Korean Style Sticky Chilli Chicken.
You can cook Korean Style Sticky Chilli Chicken using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Korean Style Sticky Chilli Chicken
- You need of For the chicken:.
- Prepare 2 of large chicken breasts, chopped into bite sized pieces,.
- Prepare 4 of heaped tbsp cornflour,.
- It’s 1 tsp of white pepper,.
- You need 1 tsp of table salt,.
- You need of For the sauce:.
- Prepare 2 of heaped tbsp gochujang paste,.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of runny honey,.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of seasoned rice vinegar,.
- It’s 2 tbsp of light soy sauce,.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of finely chopped fresh root ginger,.
- It’s 2 tsp of garlic purée paste,.
- Prepare 3 tsp of sesame seeds,.
- You need 1 tsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare of To garnish:.
- Prepare 4 of spring onions, chopped finely, whites and greens seperated,.
- Prepare of Other:.
- You need of Cooking oil for shallow frying.
Korean Style Sticky Chilli Chicken step by step
- Season the cornflour with salt and pepper then toss the chicken pieces into it to coat..
- Heat up the oil in a large pan and cover the base by around 1/2 inch, enough to shallow fry. Once hot, (the chicken should immediately sizzle when added), add the chicken pieces in batches and cook until golden, crispy and cooked through..
- Mix together all of the sauce ingredients until smooth and add in the whites of the onions too, mix through and set aside. Once the chicken is cooked, use a slotted spoon or tongs to carefully transfer it to some kitchen towel to remove the excess oil..
- Heat up a wok over a medium heat and add in the sauce. Bring to a simmer and let it thicken and reduce down by 1/3rd. Toss the cooked chicken pieces in the sauce until fully coated. Add in half the greens of the spring onions and scatter over a few extra sesame seeds. Toss through once more to incorporate..
- Garnish with the remaining greens of the spring onions. Recommend to serve up over steamed white rice. Eat and enjoy! :).
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.