Soy Sauce Pickled Cucumber.
You can cook Soy Sauce Pickled Cucumber using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Soy Sauce Pickled Cucumber
- Prepare 1 of Continental Cucumber *Today it weighed 300g.
- You need of *Note: Choose a thinner and firm one with no seeds and no watery parts.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Salt *optional.
- Prepare of Marinade.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Soy Sauce.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Sake (Rice Wine).
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Rice Vinegar.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of Sugar.
- You need 1 of small piece Ginger *cut into fine strips.
- It’s of Chilli Flakes as required.
Soy Sauce Pickled Cucumber step by step
- Cut Cucumber about 15mm thick and you need to dehydrate them. The salt-free option is drying. Place them on a tea towel and leave them under hot sun for a day..
- Alternatively, you can use Salt to remove water from the Cucumber. Place them in a bowl, add Salt and toss to combine well, then set aside for 1-2 hours..
- If you used Salt, drain Cucumber, discard the salty water. If you concern the salt-intake, quickly rinse with boiling water, then drain well..
- Place the marinade ingredients in a saucepan and simmer for 1 minute. Remove form the heat, add Cucumber pieces to the hot marinade, combine well, and set aside to cool..
- As the amount of this marinade is very small, using a ziplock bag is the easiest option to marinate. Transfer the cooled Cucumber and the marinade into the bag, and remove the air, so that the Cucumber pieces can stay in this minimal amount of marinade..
- Otherwise, you need a right size jar or container to keep the Cucumber pieces in the marinade. Double the amount of marinade if necessary..
- *Optional Extra Process: After marinating for a few hours, you would see more liquid in the bag as water has come out from Cucumber. Place the liquid in a saucepan, simmer for 1 minute again. Add Cucumber pieces to the hot marinade, combine well, and set aside to cool..
- Place them back in the bag, and marinate in the fridge for 1-2 days before you enjoy..
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.