Cheesy leek and potato pie (vegan).
You can cook Cheesy leek and potato pie (vegan) using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheesy leek and potato pie (vegan)
- It’s 2 of large potatoes.
- You need 3 of medium-sized leeks.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- You need of Vegetable cheese sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of raw cashews, pre-soaked.
- Prepare of About 400g cooked vegetables – at least one orange vegetable, the rest can be yellow or white. (For this pie I used leftover roast veg plus a couple of small carrots.).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 5-6 of dsp nutritional yeast.
- You need 1 tsp of minced garlic (or 2 cloves, chopped).
- You need 1 tsp of mustard (Dijon or wholegrain).
- Prepare of Salt & pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of lemon juice (or 1 tbsp lemon juice and 1 tbsp white wine vinegar).
- It’s 1 cup of water or veg tock (you may need extra liquid – use veg stock or plain water).
- It’s of Optional extras: 1/2 tsp onion powder; 1/2 tsp paprika.
Cheesy leek and potato pie (vegan) instructions
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C. Then chop the potatoes into chunks, and set to boiling..
- Chop the onion and slice the leeks finely. Cook these gently in a large pan with about 1/2 cup of water..
- Add all the cheese sauce ingredients into a liquidiser, and blend until you have a thick, smooth sauce..
- Once the potatoes are cooked, add a little of the sauce and mash them. Pour the rest of the cheese sauce into the leek mixture and stir thoroughly..
- Assemble the pie. Put the leek mixture in an oven-proof dish, and add the potato on top. Bake for 30 minutes..