Cheesy leek and potato pie (vegan).
You can cook Cheesy leek and potato pie (vegan) using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheesy leek and potato pie (vegan)
- It’s 2 of large potatoes.
- You need 3 of medium-sized leeks.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- You need of Vegetable cheese sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of raw cashews, pre-soaked.
- Prepare of About 400g cooked vegetables – at least one orange vegetable, the rest can be yellow or white. (For this pie I used leftover roast veg plus a couple of small carrots.).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 5-6 of dsp nutritional yeast.
- You need 1 tsp of minced garlic (or 2 cloves, chopped).
- You need 1 tsp of mustard (Dijon or wholegrain).
- Prepare of Salt & pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of lemon juice (or 1 tbsp lemon juice and 1 tbsp white wine vinegar).
- It’s 1 cup of water or veg tock (you may need extra liquid – use veg stock or plain water).
- It’s of Optional extras: 1/2 tsp onion powder; 1/2 tsp paprika.
Cheesy leek and potato pie (vegan) instructions
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C. Then chop the potatoes into chunks, and set to boiling..
- Chop the onion and slice the leeks finely. Cook these gently in a large pan with about 1/2 cup of water..
- Add all the cheese sauce ingredients into a liquidiser, and blend until you have a thick, smooth sauce..
- Once the potatoes are cooked, add a little of the sauce and mash them. Pour the rest of the cheese sauce into the leek mixture and stir thoroughly..
- Assemble the pie. Put the leek mixture in an oven-proof dish, and add the potato on top. Bake for 30 minutes..
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.