Healthy Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup!.
You can have Healthy Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup! using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Healthy Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup!
- Prepare 1 of broccoli head.
- It’s 2 of celery sticks.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
- You need of Olive oil.
- It’s 1 litre of chicken or vegetable stock.
- It’s 100 g of Blue cheese or stilton.
- It’s of Black pepper to season.
Healthy Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup! instructions
- Peel the garlic, trim and roughly chop the celery and broccoli..
- Heat a splash of oil in a pan, then soften the garlic, onion, and celery for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and soften for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- If you have pre made stock, then great! I don’t so I will use 1 litre of HOT water, 2 chicken stock and 1 vegetable stock cube. Add the cubes to the water and make sure they dissolve.
- Add the stock to the pan, season with black pepper and cover and leave to simmer until broccoli is cooked. (Approx 15 minutes).
- Carefully pour the contents into a food processor and blend until smooth TOP TIP – don’t try to tip the soup directly from the pan as it goes EVERYWHERE. Use a ladle…. it’s much easier!!!.
- Stir in your crumbled cheese, allowing a few lumps to remain. I have used 100g but if you want a stronger flavour, add more. Season with black pepper and salt (remember the stock already contains salt) according to your tastes and serve..
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.