Healthy Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup!.
You can have Healthy Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup! using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Healthy Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup!
- Prepare 1 of broccoli head.
- It’s 2 of celery sticks.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
- You need of Olive oil.
- It’s 1 litre of chicken or vegetable stock.
- It’s 100 g of Blue cheese or stilton.
- It’s of Black pepper to season.
Healthy Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup! instructions
- Peel the garlic, trim and roughly chop the celery and broccoli..
- Heat a splash of oil in a pan, then soften the garlic, onion, and celery for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and soften for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- If you have pre made stock, then great! I don’t so I will use 1 litre of HOT water, 2 chicken stock and 1 vegetable stock cube. Add the cubes to the water and make sure they dissolve.
- Add the stock to the pan, season with black pepper and cover and leave to simmer until broccoli is cooked. (Approx 15 minutes).
- Carefully pour the contents into a food processor and blend until smooth TOP TIP – don’t try to tip the soup directly from the pan as it goes EVERYWHERE. Use a ladle…. it’s much easier!!!.
- Stir in your crumbled cheese, allowing a few lumps to remain. I have used 100g but if you want a stronger flavour, add more. Season with black pepper and salt (remember the stock already contains salt) according to your tastes and serve..