Nan's Onion Jam.
You can have Nan's Onion Jam using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Nan's Onion Jam
- Prepare 3 of lg. Onions, sliced or diced (white or yellow).
- Prepare 4 T. of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 c. of Dark brown sugar.
- You need 5 T. of Balsamic vinegar.
- It’s 1-1/2 T. of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of Salt.
- You need to taste of Pepper,.
Nan's Onion Jam instructions
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, cook onions in olive oil, uncovered, stirring occasionally. The more caramelized brown you get them, the better the flavor will be. This will take 45-60 minutes..
- I was in a hurry, so I didn't really get these onions caramelized, but it'll still be good. Stir in remaining ingredients..
- Continue cooking, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 35-45 minutes until the liquid reduces significantly and becomes a syrupy consistency..
- Cool completely and store, covered, in refrigerator..
- NOTE: I'm a balsamic vinegar junkie and buy the expensive premium balsamics at a specialty store. BUT, for onion jam I use regular, grocery store balsamic vinegar. I've also made this substituting red wine vinegar, and it's also very good..
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.