Healthy Banana Bread (no oil, no sugar).
You can cook Healthy Banana Bread (no oil, no sugar) using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Healthy Banana Bread (no oil, no sugar)
- It’s 1 cup of (3 big ripe bananas or 5 smaller bananas) mashed bananas.
- You need 1/2 cup of greek yogurt (plain or vanilla) i use farmers union vanilla flavour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of honey.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 of & 1/2 cups all purpose flour or whole wheat (190 gr).
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need Pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of semi sweet mini choco chips or dried cranberry (optional).
- It’s of sliced almond for decoration on top (optional). drizzle nutella on top, for extra chocolate flavour.
Healthy Banana Bread (no oil, no sugar) step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350º F/175º C. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray. And dust it with flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas until smooth. I used overripe berangan bananas but any bananas will do..
- Add in the greek yogurt, honey, and vanilla, mix. Stir in the eggs. I always use Farmers Union yogurt Vanilla flavour. Even the yogurt itself tastes like ice cream 😜.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a separate bowl. (I usually sift them all together to avoid some bitter clump).
- Gradually mix in the flour until no streaks remain. Fold in choco chips/dried cranberry if you use them..
- Pour the batter into the pan, sprinkle with sliced almond and bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Oh, our fav topping now is nutella. Spread some nutella and swirl it.
- Made this banana bread so many times, it is just yummy, easy and healthy 😋 keep them in the fridge and they will stay moist..