Cantonese Pork in Sweet and Sour Sauce.
You can have Cantonese Pork in Sweet and Sour Sauce using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cantonese Pork in Sweet and Sour Sauce
- You need of Pork.
- Prepare 350 g of pork.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need Pinch of pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of five spice powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of Chinese wine or dry sherry.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 3 tbsps of cornflour.
- It’s of Vegetable oil for deep frying.
- You need of Sweet & Sour sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove, crushed.
- It’s 1 of onion, roughly chopped.
- It’s 1-2 of green peppers, diced.
- You need 1 of x 250g can of pineapple chunks, with juice.
- You need 3 tbsps of wine vinegar.
- Prepare 50 g of sugar.
- Prepare 4 tbsps of tomato ketchup.
Cantonese Pork in Sweet and Sour Sauce step by step
- Fill a saucepan with water and bring to the boil. Add the pork and boil until it changes colour..
- Drain the pork, cool and pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper..
- Mix together the salt, pepper, five spice, wine or sherry, egg and cornflour. Add the port and turn to coat well..
- Heat the oil to 180°C. Deep fry the pork until brown. Drain thoroughly on kitchen paper..
- Heat the 2 tbsps of oil in a pan. Add the garlic and fry until brown. Add the onion and green pepper and stir fry for 1 minute. Stir in the pineapple juice with the vinegar, sugar and tomato ketchup..
- Cook, stirring, until thickened. Add the pineapple and stir until heated through, garnished with the pineapple chunks..
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.