Cantonese Pork in Sweet and Sour Sauce.
You can have Cantonese Pork in Sweet and Sour Sauce using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cantonese Pork in Sweet and Sour Sauce
- You need of Pork.
- Prepare 350 g of pork.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need Pinch of pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of five spice powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of Chinese wine or dry sherry.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 3 tbsps of cornflour.
- It’s of Vegetable oil for deep frying.
- You need of Sweet & Sour sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove, crushed.
- It’s 1 of onion, roughly chopped.
- It’s 1-2 of green peppers, diced.
- You need 1 of x 250g can of pineapple chunks, with juice.
- You need 3 tbsps of wine vinegar.
- Prepare 50 g of sugar.
- Prepare 4 tbsps of tomato ketchup.
Cantonese Pork in Sweet and Sour Sauce step by step
- Fill a saucepan with water and bring to the boil. Add the pork and boil until it changes colour..
- Drain the pork, cool and pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper..
- Mix together the salt, pepper, five spice, wine or sherry, egg and cornflour. Add the port and turn to coat well..
- Heat the oil to 180°C. Deep fry the pork until brown. Drain thoroughly on kitchen paper..
- Heat the 2 tbsps of oil in a pan. Add the garlic and fry until brown. Add the onion and green pepper and stir fry for 1 minute. Stir in the pineapple juice with the vinegar, sugar and tomato ketchup..
- Cook, stirring, until thickened. Add the pineapple and stir until heated through, garnished with the pineapple chunks..