Black Garlic Korean Style BBQ Chicken Skewers.
You can have Black Garlic Korean Style BBQ Chicken Skewers using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Black Garlic Korean Style BBQ Chicken Skewers
- It’s 4 of large metal (or bamboo) skewers.
- Prepare of Chicken thighs – 8 bone out, skin off, then sliced into pieces (big enough to fit on two skewers – but thin enough to cook fairly quickly).
- It’s 4 tablespoons of buttermilk.
- You need 1 of little veg oil for brushing.
- Prepare of BBQ Glaze + dip.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 cm of piece ginger – grated.
- It’s 1 of garlic clove – grated.
- You need 1 teaspoon of black garlic paste.
- It’s Dash of rice vinegar (or white wine vinegar).
- It’s 2 tablespoons of ketchup.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of sriracha sauce.
- Prepare Pinch of gochugaru (optional).
- You need 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of lime juice.
- It’s of Garnish.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of sesame seeds.
- You need 2 teaspoons of finely sliced chives.
- You need Squeeze of fresh lime juice.
Black Garlic Korean Style BBQ Chicken Skewers instructions
- Add the chopped chicken thighs to the buttermilk and coat thoroughly. Leave in the fridge preferably overnight or at least 3 hours..
- Add the sauce ingredients together in a bowl and mix together – set the bowl aside. (Take out approximately 5 tablespoons and also set aside in a separate bowl for dipping the cooked chicken.).
- Thread the buttermilk marinated chicken on to two skewers so it won’t rotate when you flip it..
- Brush with a little oil, then cook the plain skewers 6-8 minutes per side on the bbq (we always use a @barbequick) or under the grill til almost cooked through..
- Now start to brush on the sauce coating each side & turning frequently, so as not to burn. (You will want a little char though).
- Once cooked through, remove from the skewers & add the garnish. Use the 5 tablespoons of sauce kept to one side for dipping.
Welcome to the official American Food Website, where you can chat with chefs, get recipes and connect with food-minded friends.